This is my monthly journal for 2016 where I will attempt to do 365 days of yoga.
I was unfit, unhappy, inflexible, and have zero upper body strength.
This year — 30 days ago.
I decided that it is time for the new Mischelle. At the stroke of midnight this year, I told myself that I would:
Do 365 days of yoga. Once a day. Everyday.
Crazy, I know.
So I signed up for Partners in Grind to help me stay accountable. And I told myself that I would write a monthly journal to keep track of my progress.
January 2016 Progress & Reflection
It is incredible what 15–30 minutes a day can do to transform your body. There are still tons of things that I still can’t do.
However, this month, I learned that I can now:
- Take a deeper breath and actually fill up my lungs
- Touch my toes while standing up
- Touch my toes and kiss my knee while sitting down
- Do proper chatturanga 5 times in a row
- Do up to 5 regular push-ups! (baby steps, I know)
- Boulder and rock climb with a greater sense of balance
Tips for anyone who needs help staying accountable (like me):
- Reward yourself. You can go out for froyo or boba or for me, I bought a new pair of yoga tights! I am always excited to try out new things and it helps me to follow through with my commitment.
- Don’t do it alone. Get your friend to do it! Or if no one else wants to do it with you (like me :/ ), sign up for Partners in Grind! My partner Alex is great and we text each other to stay accountable.
- Set reasonable daily goals. Although it is daunting to do 365 days of yoga, I told myself that it is okay if I only get 10 minutes in. I just have to get some in. Small progress > zero progress, always.